1.Definition of Personal Information
- The term “”personal information” as used in this policy is defined as any information that is relevant and able to be used to identify an existing individual. Following items falls under the term of personal information.
- Personal information refers to information regarding an individual that can identify the specific individual based on the name, date of birth, or other description contained in such information(including information that can be easily cross-examined against other information and can thereby identify a specific individual).
- Anything containing an identification code to identify an individual.
2.The term “sensitive personal information” used in this policy is defined as a personal information that contains descriptions that have been specified by Cabinet Order to require special consideration in handling to avoid any unfair discrimination, prejudice or other disadvantage to an individual based on the individual’s race, religion, social status, medical history, criminal records or the fact that a person has incurred damages through an offense, etc.
3.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The company may use customer personal information to:
- Provide and develop products and services.
- Advertise or promote the Company’s products and services.
- Carry out marketing data surveys and statistical analysis of the Company’s products and services.
- To provide maintenance and support.
- To notify any changes in the terms and conditions of our service.
- To respond to acts that violate the terms, policies, etc.(hereinafter referred to as “terms etc.”) of our services.
- To verify personal accounts of a financial institution.
- To verify any transfers into a financial institution.
- To notify in case of an emergency.
- For the purpose of accompanying any of the purposes stated above.
4.Changes to the Purpose of Use
The company may make changes to the purpose of use of personal information within the range that is reasonably accepted and related to the pre-modified Purpose of Use, and notify or announce any changes to customers.
5.Restriction due to Purpose of Use
Our company does not obtain your consent and does not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use except when permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws.
- The enterprise handles the Personal Information outside its Purpose of Use based on laws and regulations.
- It is necessary for the enterprise to handle the Personal Information outside its Purpose of Use in order to protect the life, body, or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Person;
- There is a special need for the enterprise to handle the Personal Information outside its Purpose of Use in order to improve public health or promote healthy child development, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Person.
- It is necessary for the enterprise to handle the Personal Information outside its Purpose of Use in order to cooperate with a national government organ, local government, or person entrusted thereby with performing the functions prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the Person is likely to interfere with the performance of those functions.
6.Proper Acquisition of Personal Information
The company doesn’t acquire personal information through deception or wrongful means. Instead the company will abide with the law and properly acquire personal information.
The company will take the necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the secure management of personal information, such measures to prevent leakage, loss or damages to the personal information. The company will exercise the necessary and appropriate supervision over employees to ensure the secure management of personal information. If the company entrusts another business operator with all or part of the handling of person information, necessary and appropriate supervision will be exercised over the entrusted business operator to ensure the secure management of personal information.
8.Provision to a Third Party
The company will not provide personal information to a third party without the request of the customer, unless disclosure is necessary in accordance to the Personal Information Protection Act. However, the following cases does not fall under the provision to a third party as specified above.
- When the company entrust all or part of the handing of personal information to the extent necessary for achieving the purpose of use.
- If personal information is provided when the company succeeds to the business of the company due to a merger or other such circumstances.
9.Disclosure of Personal Information
When the company is requested by a customer to disclose their personal information that be used to identify the person （such disclosure includes informing the person that there is no Personal Information that can be used to identify the Person; the same applies hereinafter）, the company must disclose the disclose the personal information without delay using the means that Cabinet Order provides for , however, this does not apply if the company is not obligated to disclose.
If the company is requested by a customer to correct, add, or delete Personal Information that can be used to identify the customer on the grounds that the Personal Information is not factual (such a correction, addition, or deletion is referred to as a "Correction, etc." hereinafter in this policy), unless another law or regulation specifies special procedures for such a Correction, etc. to the information, the company must undertake the necessary investigations without delay within the scope that this is necessary for achieving the Purpose of Use, and, on the basis of the results, correct personal information. (If the company decides not to make such a Correction, etc., the company must notify the Customer of this). However, this does not apply if the company is not obligated to make Correction,etc. due to the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations.
11.Discontinuance of Personal Information, etc.
If the company is requested by the customer to delete or discontinue handling the use of personal information on the grounds that personal information is being handled in violation of the Personal Information Protection Act, or used outside the scope of purpose of use（ hereinafter in this Article as " discontinuance, etc." of personal information.）,and there are found to be grounds for that request, the company must discontinuance of the relevant personal information without a delay, and notify the customer. However this does not apply if the company is not obligated to disctonuance,etc. due to Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations.
12.Obtaining Sensitive Personal Information
The company shall obtain the consent of the customer in advance, prior to obtaining the customer’s sensitive personal information, unless permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations.
13.Use of Cookie and other technology
Please send any email inquiries regarding disclosure and other forms, questions, complaints, comments, and other handling of personal information.